Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"In the island of Nias the hunters sometimes dig pits, cover them
lightly over with twigs, grass, and leaves, and then drive the game
into them." -The Golden Bough

I believe this class will be good for me, since I have almost no actual literal background reading of any greco-roman mythology. This class will force me to read some of the different types of myths throughout time. I am excited about how we as people in present age can extrapolate the ideas that these older texts give us and see them again in our twenty first century world. The quote above explains how hunters are being clever to hunt their game of choice. This is how many movies and books portray the hunter and the hunted. Overall this should be a great class for me to get out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment