Thursday, December 9, 2010

A metamorphoses for myself.

     For my last blog I am going to tell you about about my own personal metamorphoses. It all started back on the first week of school. I came into this semester taking calculus two, physics with calculus, U.S. seminar, and finally mythology. I had to choose mythology to fill in my requirement for one of my core classes. I had no idea what I had just gotten myself into.
     I will give you a quick background on myself. I am an engineering major who has always thrived in math and science classes. I have struggled in English and a little bit in reading. I was hoping that I could take this class and pass with little effort. Boy oh boy was I wrong. I was told that I have to read this book that is more than one thousand pages and worse yet, I could barely understand the verse it is written in.(I still have to read some of Ovid's stories twice just to know who is in the story). I was so intimidated by the books, students, and this genius professor, who seemed to know everything about everything. To be perfectly honest, I would have dropped the class if it was possible without losing my scholarship.
     Now at the end of the semester I can truthfully say that I am glad that I was forced to finish this class. I enjoyed all of the discussion that we had in class. Dr. Sexson made mythology fun and more importantly relevant for me. This was a story that could be in the book The Metamorphoses of Ovid. I have had an amazing metamorphoses. I would like to thank everyone in class for this experience. I would like to give a special thanks to Dr. Sexson. He was the one who brought it together, the students and the literature. Thanks again to everyone for a great class experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment