Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The greatest trick ever pulled

    I decided on doing my next blog on the which story or myth was the worst (gruesome/most evil). After trying to find a certain story I quickly realized that this was nearly an impossible task. There are so many stories in Ovid's book it is too difficult to pick one over any other story.
    Then in my Seminar class my professor Ben Luebner asked us if we had seen the movie The Usual Suspects. Almost none of my classmates, me included, had not seen it. After this he told us we should all watch it ASAP. So that night I found myself with a little extra time so I pulled the movie up on the internet. After watching this movie one of the characters, Keyser Soze, had shown me what my blog was gong to be about.
    First watch this clip  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgkBpWc8ngI. After seeing this I recognized that not one particular event could be singled out but one type of crime was the worst. Many of the stories in Ovid's book had are surrounded by deceit and disguise. This is what I have found to be the most evil thing of all. As we are told "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."  This raises the question, how can you be scared of something that doesn't exist? And if you don't believe in the devil (I am not advocating one way or another) then there is nothing to worry about.....or is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment